Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Rohit

A FB friend who is an academic abroad asked an interesting question. Does fighting for the Hindu cause have any impact upon your health? He was surprised that in so many answers, a different issue came up, that people feel constrained to be silent about their positions because that impacts their professional lives very badly. There are genuine negative consequences to being openly right wing, even now. I thought yeah so what else is new and let it be. But today on another friends wall I saw a comment, that a colleague who was a classical singer and Sanskrit scholar felt constrained to hide it for fear that people will think her a dehati. I was a corporate trainer for over two decades and twice I came upon senior executives who hid the fact they were trained classical musicians and singers. Western Classical is fine Indian is backward. In 1992 I had just moved to Mumbai with no support system living in a hovel and working as a wage slave. One asshole at work found I supported the Ram Mandir and tried to get me fired. When I was a trainer the greatest fear my employers had at each place was that it would get about that I am not only a Yogi, I know Tarot and Vaastu too. And damn well. But that would destroy my professional credibility apparently. I would be instantly slotted as Dubeji Pandeji level as one of them so kindly explained to me. The greatest achievement of the Nehruvian Idea of India barbarism was to demonize the word Hindu. Anything that had a Hindu perspective was instantly communal and dangerous and needed weeding out. I am sure every person can give similar stories. The brainwashing has been so deep, when I made my famous post on Honoring the Vertical Man, one of my followers shared it and instantly he was criticized by a Hindu lady in the US for sharing a communal view. Some hopeless mangina chimed in approving it. The person who shared was patient enough to explain and to the credit of the lady she accepted the explanation. I post the screenshot for your edification. She was just triggered by the word Hindu, that automatically meant communal prejudice. Such is our reality.
from Dark Ritual http://ift.tt/2ypyaUD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews past week